It was such a beautiful day which meant we just had to get out and hike some of the places in our book. (this book is a gift my husband got me last year with 60 hikes in our area which we are working on completing) So when we got home I was thinking a great day to end a wonderful day was to grill turkey burgers for dinner. I can not wait until summer hits and we can grill every night!
These turkey burgers are moist and juicy while still staying on the healthy side. You can top them with your cheese of choice, lettuce, tomato, and pile that on a multigrain bun.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small zucchini shredded
- 1/2 cup minced white onion
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
Here is what you do:
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients until well blended. Place into freezer for about 10 minutes to allow the mix to harden so it is easier to make patties. The mix makes 6 burger patties.
- Fire up the grill while you are waiting. When the mix is ready and the patties are made place them on the grill and cook on each side for about 5 to 6 minutes. If you want to cook on the stove just lightly grease a skillet and cook for the same amount of time.
- When all cooked remove to a plate and serve with toppings.
I didn’t include the bun in my recipe so the burger itself is just 3 ww points a serving. I use Oroweat sandwich thins, the whole wheat ones are just 3 ww points a piece. These burgers are easy to make in bulk and tasty enough that no one will realize they are eating healthy at your next BBQ.