It was so nice today and we all know what that means! Nice weather and longer days means its time to brush the dust off the grills. Now normally the grill is only a man’s territory, but my daughter ended up with four girls so we all got to watch him make magic and even get some ideas too. Get ready for summer with this awesome chicken!
These grilled chicken breasts have a nice surprise on the inside and have lots of juicy flavor. I sided this with just a fresh tossed salad but you could cook up some brown rice and grilled vegetables.
Here is what you will need:
- 2 noneless skinless chicken breasts (I use perdue perfect selects)
- 2 slices reduced fat pepper jack cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of green pepper diced small
- 1/4 cup of jalapeno pepper diced small
- 1/4 cup of mushroom diced small
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup horseradish sauce
- 4 wooden skewers soaked in water
Here is what you do:
- Fire up the grill! You want it nice and hot before you start.
- Make small pockets in the chicken and fill with a slice of cheese, 1/8 cup of the green pepper, jalapeno pepper, and mushroom. Seal shut with the wooden skewers. Repeat for the second chicken breast.
- In a small bowl mix together the barbeque sauce and horseradish. Brush onto one side of the chicken breast then place that side down on the grill. Brush onto the side up then close the grill and let cook.
- Cook on each side for about 8 to 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170 degrees. Pull of the grill and serve.
This recipe makes two servings at 6 ww points a chicken breast. This makes an amazing dinner for a nice summer night. This recipe could easily be doubled or even tripled for a small cookout. The awesome surprise on the inside will definitely impress your friends.