So with my surgery in September and my healthy outlook this past holiday season, I did not do as much baking as I normally would have and I am definitely paying for it now. While googling last night I came across different recipes that were flour less and other healthy things. So obviously today after my massage I wandered over to the grocery store for some supplies. Now I have only ever baked cookies with flour so these were definitely interesting but are amazingly good. I added oats and wheat germ for a little crunch but if you want grain free, leave them out. Also if you are vegan, go ahead and swap out the mini chocolate chips for a vegan chocolate chip! These are so tasty and good for you.
Now I made these the day before Valentines day but I was never good at getting my holidays straight. If you are going to a party and want a healthy treat for everyone make these and its a nice reminder of the holiday season without all the bad feelings after.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkim
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp wheat germ
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp whole grain rolled oats
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
Here is what you do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine almond butter, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, agave nectar, and vanilla extract. Mix well until smooth then fold in the wheat germ, rolled oats, and chocolate chips.
- Now take a small spoon and spoon out the mix onto the cookie trays. This batch will make 24 cookies. Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Keep on eye so they don’t burn around the edges.
These cookies are just 2 ww points a piece so do not feel guilty stealing one before you pack them up and take them to your next party!