Its SUPERBOWL SUNDAY and while my beloved Steelers are not playing today, I will enjoy the day as I always do! Who doesn’t love all awesome chips, dips, pizza, wings, and desserts that come with today? There is no reason you can not enjoy all of these wonderful things and still try and lose weight. I am a huge fan of allowing yourself to be human and not a diet machine. Enjoy what you love, but in a healthier way. Eat out, but be responsible about it. Understand that everything you put into your body will do something. I absolutely love hot wings. Duh its spicy and it is chicken. Then one day at a party I stumbled across buffalo chicken dip. This became the thing I would almost demand people make. Then I thought to myself that it could not be that hard! I decided to make a healthier version of this delicious dip.
If you have never had buffalo chicken dip, well you are missing a lot! This dip is a labor of love that mocks the taste of a hot wing with blue cheese. Be prepared for a little extra work for this dip, or go the easy way out.
Here is what you will need:
- 3 whole chicken breasts shredded
- 8 oz fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
Here is what you do:
- Place a slow cooker bag in your slow cooker.
- Shred all the chicken, this is the labor of love! If you don’t feel like shredding all this chicken, spend the extra money and buy the canned chicken and just lie! Place the chicken to the side.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, mix well the cream cheese, blue cheese, sour cream, and hot sauce. When this is all blended together transfer to the crock pot. Toss in the chicken and mix well. Allow to cook on low heat for two to three hours. Serve warm.
This dip goes amazing well with tortilla chips or celery. This recipe serves about 15 people and just holds a ww point value of 2! Just one regular hot wing is 3 points and this dip mimics the taste amazingly. Enjoy with everyone!