So I got to spend last weekend with my wonderful sister in laws and got to experience tons of different foods! (So be prepared I have tons of ideas I am working on!) One of my favorite places over the weekend that we ate at was an Afghan restaurant. I tried their tikka masala and let me tell you! I was so impressed with the flavors and the right amount of spices! I knew my mom had made it before for us, but I didn’t really try it and kind of ignored it really. So when I got home I found a contained of Tikka Masala curry in the cabinet and I knew I had to make it for dinner!
Now when my mom made it, there was a lot of extra sauce so I thought maybe cutting the sauce back a bit would help with calories, and I was right and you don’t lose the flavor!
Here is what you will need:
- 2 and 1/2 uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1 cup of your favorite Tikka Masala curry
- 3 cups of cooked brown rice
Here is what you do:
- Season your chicken strips with the spices. Lightly coat a skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Cook the chicken for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until completely cooked.
- Once all cooked pour the tikka masala curry into the skillet. Toss the chicken in making sure all pieces are completely covered. Cook on low to heat the curry up. Serve warm over a bed of rice.
This recipe serves 6 people and is just 6 ww points per a serving including the rice! This makes for a really good meal when you want something new to try. Don’t think that cooking food from another country is hard, most of the time it can be really easy!