One of my favorite appetizers to get is spinach artichoke dip. Anywhere we end up at, it is sure to be and it is always delicious. So with the Super Bowl coming up this weekend I was thinking of different recipes to serve for the family this definitely came to mind! This was super easy to mix together and I will forever be making it at home instead of getting it while eating out. If you are looking into keeping with fresh vegetables you can purchase fresh spinach and wash it and toss it into a salad spinner. Afterwards cut it down into small pieces.
I love sneaking in extra vegetables to almost everything I make, you can kind of call me the veggie queen! You can even interchange the cheese on top if you are not a fan or the kick the pepper jack cheese gives.
Here is what you will need:
- 10 oz of frozen chopped spinach
- 1 can of artichoke hearts
- 1 cup of uncooked onion diced
- 3 gloves of garlic diced
- 1 cup of fresh mushrooms diced small
- 1 medium jalapeno deseeded and diced
- 3 cloves of garlic diced
- 8 oz of fat free cream cheese
- 8 oz of fat free sour cream
- 1 oz of reduced fat pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
Here is what you do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Once the olive oil starts to glisten toss in the onions and garlic. Let cook for about 3 to 4 minutes then toss in the mushrooms and jalapeno. While this is cooking down, about 5 minutes, drain the spinach using paper towels. Add to the skillet and saute with the rest of the vegetables for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the fat free cream cheese and allow to melt while mixing it in with the vegetables. Once that is all blended in add in the fat free sour cream and mix well like before. Place the sauce pan over low heat. While that is cooking remove the artichoke hearts out of the can and dice them down into smaller chunks. Toss them into the sauce pan and mix well with the rest of the dip.
- Transfer the dip to a baking dish and then sprinkle the pepper jack cheese on top. Bake for about ten minutes and then keep in the oven so it stays warm. Serve with sliced vegetables and multi grain tortilla chips.
This wonderful dip can serve 8 to 10 people. This is just 2 weight watcher points per a serving and its a good amount of dip too! You can pre make this earlier in the day and just allow to warm in the oven while you prepare everything else.