I use my banana ice cream recipe all the time! It is completely healthy and dairy free so my husband can enjoy it too. So then I thought about all the wonderful ways to enjoy it and tried tons of different kinds. My son loves when I break up candy and add it in (moderately of course!) and he thinks it is one of the best treats ever. Then while in the store the other day I came acrossed some low fat graham crackers and remembered when I first started weight watchers one of my favorite desserts was to take fat free cool whip and spread it between to graham crackers and then freeze them. They tasted like heaven compared to some of the “fat free” desserts I was forcing on myself. So while standing in the store a light switched turned on and BAM! So I bought everything I needed and I am here to introduce my banana ice cream sandwiches.
If you have tried the banana ice cream and loved it, definitely try this because this is an awesome snack for kids and family, and even though it is snowing at this moment I know this would be an awesome snack in the summer.
Here is what you will need:
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 tbsp of fat free cool whip
- 12 reduced fat graham crackers
Here is what you need to do:
- Slice the bananas and place them on a paper plate. Freeze for an hour. Take out and place into food processor. Add in the peanut butter and fat free cool whip. Process until you get the ice cream consistency.
- Break the graham crackers into two and then spread some of the banana ice cream onto each one and top it off with another graham cracker. Place them in the freezer for about ten minutes before serving.
This recipe makes six servings, one sandwich each, and it is just 3 ww points per a sandwich. Definitely a nice cool treat for a really hot day! Let me know how you like to enjoy this treat.