These are so delicious and really easy to make with children or if you are in a hurry. My son really loves these and that is a huge thing! You can fill these with pretty much anything you want. Chop up some green peppers and mushrooms and layer them inside. Crescent roles are so versatile that I would recommend keeping at least one package in your house at all times. Need a quick dessert, whip up smores on the go. Need a quick lunch? Wrap crescents around hot dogs to make delicious corn dogs. Go out now and buy them!
These things taste just like hot pockets but without the horrible prices and a hell of a lot less salt! You also can make all different kinds of pocket pizzas depending on whatever your family wants.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 package of reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup of reduced fat mozzarella cheese shredded
- 8 tbsp of pizza sauce
- 16 slices of turkey pepperoni
Here is what you do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Open the crescent rolls and roll them out flat. Cut into four squares, two triangles each. Spoon two tbsps each of pizza sauce on each square and then split the 1/2 cup of cheese among the four squares. Toss four pieces of pepperoni onto each square and then fold over. Seal the openings completely to keep the cheese and sauce from pouring out.
- Transfer the pockets to a lightly sprayed cooking pan. Cook in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown on top.
This recipe makes 4 servings with 7pp per a pocket. These go amazing with a side salad or you can dip them in extra pizza sauce. Just remember anything you change can change the points plus value, but all kinds of vegetables would make this really delicious!