These things are amazing. And do not judge because of the list of ingredients. Don’t think, now that has to taste horrible. Like I tell my seven year old, you can not like something but you have to taste it first. These cookies are delicious and very nutritious and have absolutely no butter, vegetable oil, or eggs. The cocoa powder and mini chocolate chips create an amazing chocolate taste that hits every sweet tooth I have. This is also a great way to let your kids and family have healthy fruits and not tell them! These cookies are so simple to make and don’t even take a lot of time to make!
Now you can see that the recipe calls for 1/2 cup of mashed avocado. Now don’t turn back now! Avocado is a great substitute for butter and you can’t even taste it! No the cookies are not green either! Now I am not saying replace avocado with butter every time, but hey who am I to stop you!
This is what you will need:
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 4 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of avocado mashed
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp uncooked steel oats
- 1/2 tbsp of semi sweet mini chocolate chips
Here is what you do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cooking tray.
- In one bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt. In another bowl mash up the avocado, if to hard place in microwave for 30 seconds. Once completely mashed up mix in the apple sauce, vanilla extract, and sugar. Mix with an electric hand mixer until well blended.
- Sift the flour mixture into the avocado bowl making sure to blend entirely. When done add the steel oats into the mix using a rubber spatula. Make sure to mix it into all of it. Lastly mix in the chocolate chips.
- Take a spoon and scoop up about a tbsp size clump and dump onto the grease cookie tray. I was able to get 12 good sized cookies out of this recipe but if you make them smaller you can get more!
- Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes or until the tops look set. Enjoy them with everyone!
One cookie per a serving, equaling just 2 pp. If you make them smaller and can get 24, you can have two cookies for 2 pp but then its pretty much the same as having one big one. Now if avocado just creeps you out and you want to add that 1/2 cup of butter in instead of the avocado and apple sauce, one cookie goes from just 2 pp to 4 pp! There is definitely no taste difference or texture. Just awesome chocolate oatmeal cookie goodness!