So I am not really a lunch person. I usually have left overs or make a small tuna sandwich. But today I just was not working in my favor. There was absolutely no leftovers in my fridge and I wasn’t in the mood for tuna fish. So I decided to look online for a healthy lunch idea and still I was at a loss. I was at the point that I was just going to head up to the diner and get something to eat, but then it hit me. I decided to try to create an open face sandwich that was healthy and tasty at the same time. I love mine with a kick but if you don’t, you can switch out some of the condiments or change the cheese.
This lunch idea is quick and easy to make during the day when you are home and you can even pre make it and heat it up later. My dearest husband even said he might like it without it being toasted!
Here is what you will need:
- 6 oz of chicken deli meat; that is three slices
- 2 Tbsp of horseradish sauce
- 2 slices of pepper jack cheese
- 2 tsp Franks Red Hot Sauce Original
- 2 bottom half whole wheat English muffins
- 1/4 cup of avocado
This is what you do:
- Take two whole wheat English muffins, use the bottoms for the sandwich and save the tops for breakfast tomorrow. Place them on a piece of foil. Spread a tbsp each of horseradish sauce onto each muffin.
- Chop up a 1/4 of avocado and then spread evenly between both muffins. Splash a little bit of hot sauce on top of that. If you think it will be to hot you can leave this part off.
- Now layer three pieces of slice deli chicken on each muffin and then top with a slice of pepper jack cheese. If you have a toaster oven use that to toast for about 3-5 minutes or until the cheese on top starts to melt. If you are using an oven set it to 325 degrees f and cut for about 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. This recipe makes two servings, a sandwich each.
Now each sandwich is just 5 pp and I served mine with a side of sliced cucumbers in fat free Italian dressing. If you want you can even add more avocado or a tomato also! Enjoy everyone!